Updated May 11, 2016
We may change the provisions of this Policy at any time and will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of this Policy. Your use of the Services, or any portion thereof, following the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access the Services to make sure that you understand our information collection, use and disclosure practices. If we make material changes to this policy, we will provide you with additional notice of such changes and request your affirmative consent before using or sharing previously collected information in a materially different way.
Information That You Provide to Us
- ektosym GmbH may collect information that you provide when you use the services, such as when you: (1) create an account; (2) make a purchase; (3) participate in events or promotions; (4) send questions or comments via e-mail or live chat to ektosym GmbH customer support; (5) submit your resume to us online; (6) fill out surveys; or (7) otherwise communicate with us through the Services. The types of personal information that you provide may include your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address and other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide.
- Our Chrome Webstore Services does not store any data outside your personal Google Services, for example Gmail or Contacts ot Tasks.
Information That We Collect Automatically From You
- ektosym automatically record certain information about your use of our Services and to remember user preferences while using the services. ektosym may collect automated error reports in the case of software malfunction.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
- We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your Google account, we will have access to certain information from that account, such as your email, name and photo, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by Google.
- If you elect to purchase a license to use our Services, we may receive information about your purchase from our third-party payment processor.
- We use analytics services and software provided by third parties to help us understand how users access and use the Services. These tools and services place cookies, web beacons and other devices or technologies on our Services to enable them to track traffic data. The data collected typically includes information such as your IP address, your Internet Service Provider, your web browser, the time spent on webpages, the links clicked and the advertisements viewed on those pages. We use this information to improve our Services and your experience, to see which areas and features of our Services are popular and to count visits.
How We Use Your Information
- We use personal information collected through ektosym’s services for purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you on or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve our services;
- Send you information about new products, contests, features and enhancements, special offers and other events of interest from ektosym and our select partners;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and evaluate trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide ads, content, communications or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- ektosym GmbH may share your personal information with third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- When we have your consent.
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf, who are hosting our data, and need access to your information to carry out their work for us. These entities have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information they obtain from us, and, unless we notify you otherwise and provide you with an opportunity to opt-out, will not use your personal information for any purpose other than as described in this Policy.
- With data analytics and advertising services in order to understand your preferences and to show you advertising on our site or through our service.
- With law enforcement, courts of competent jurisdiction, or others when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our Services, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- With your employer if you are a registered user of our Services, and the domain of the primary email address associated with your account is owned by your employer and that email address was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and an authorized representative of that organization wishes to establish a Service company account and add you to it, then certain information concerning your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your name and email address, and your account may be added to the corporate account.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information. Such information does not identify you individually.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of some or all of ektosym’s assets, bankruptcy or reorganization, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of ektosym’s business to another company.
- ektosym takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- You may terminate your use of our Services at any time.
- Editing or Deleting your Personal Information. If you have created an account, you may at any time review and/or update the contact information we have for you. Please note that even if you delete information from your account, or deactivate it, we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, or mail from ektosym by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. For more information about how to delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.